Shree Janata Secondary School
We are delighted to unveil our latest project at Shree Janata Secondary School in the village of Lokhim in the North Eastern Solukhumbu region of Nepal.
The school serves around 400 children from the nearby communities from Nursery to Grade 12 and has 16 classrooms.
Most of the school buildings were constructed in a traditional design with dry wall using mud plaster and unfortunately, most of the structure was damaged by the Earthquake of 2015. This left 8 classrooms completely unusable while the rest were partially damaged. Whilst 4 classrooms have been refurbished by the government, most have been in a poor state of repair meaning that children were faced with a poor and unsafe learning environment.
CITC’s highly skilled construction team have now completed the building of 6 high quality classrooms to an earthquake resistant standard. The design includes an outdoor covered play area for the Early Years children along with the provision of clean, safe water and gender specific toilets. Child friendly furniture and resources have also been provided.
The local community highly value their children’s education and are very excited about the new provisions.
- Shree Kanku Secondary School
- Shree Kharikhola
- Shree Jeevan Jyoti Higher Secondary School Kangel
- Shree Sagarmatha Higher Secondary School Bung
- Shree Chandrodaya Primary School
- Shree Majhgaun Lower Secondary School
- Shree Bakhapalam Lower Secondary School
- Shree Lukla Lower Secondary School
- Shree Janata Secondary School